Master Engraver Diane Scalese will take a group of students through a week of building and engraving a silver cuff bracelet. Students can expect to learn the basics of silversmithing by getting hands-on experience with sawing, soldering, forming, and polishing. The bracelet will feature a cabochon stone and decorative bright cut engraving using advanced scrolls and borders. Upon completion of the class the student can expect to take home a great handmade bracelet and a lot of new skills to add to their daily work.
- Basic silversmithing techniques to include proper soldering along with equipment, tools, and safety
- Sizing and shaping of bracelets
- Setting of cabochon using a pre-formed bezel
- Making and soldering decorative elements such as flowers, half beads, leaves, and wire scrolls
- Clean up and polishing
- Designing of more advanced scrolls and borders to broaden the students engraving
Completion of a GRS Basic Metal Engraving course or instructor approval is required, as well as an understanding of proper tool sharpening and basic engraving techniques.
Please note: Course information subject to change without notice. Example images may not show exact techniques, methods, designs, etc., taught or demonstrated in course.